Latest Posts

Smells Like Teen Spirit

By 2:11 am

I've always been skeptical about television singing competition, specially in here, Indonesia -my love/hate nation. why? oh that's such a long list but mostly because it's lack of originality. I mean if you want to sing a song from another musician (either top40 or legend) -make it different and tasteful. Rearrange it.

And finally the illuminati has come and that was happend last night. I know Anggun is a great singer from Indonesia but I never thought she is THAT tasteful and brilliant composer. I think she's the only qualified judge in the entire singing competition I'd ever watched. Last night she rearranged Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana and that was f***in awesome. The contestant who sang it also unique and brilliant.

But guess what? He got eliminated. Lost over a lousy girlband. And that time I realize that Indonesia would never be ready for something tasteful and original. or maybe not yet.

You Might Also Like

0 comments